On this day in Town history: Fred Barber and his Freddie Kruger mask!
- Credit: Archant
In our daily feature, we take a look at what happened on this day in Ipswich Town’s history. Today features wins over Blackburn and Aston Villa......plus a masked man!
We begin today five years ago when Frank Nouble was among the scorers as Town beat Blackburn 3-1 at Portman Road to claim their first home win since the end of September.
In 2003, the Blues were held to a 1-1 draw with Nottingham Forest at the City Ground, thanks to a goal from Darren Bent, while the Blues were held to a 1-1 draw with Sunderland at Roker Park in 1983.
Town beat Aston Villa 2-0 at Portman Road on this day in 1977, thanks to goals from Eric Gates and Trevor Whymark, while 10 years ago today the Blues were held to a 2-2 draw with Plymouth at Portman Road.
It was on this day in 1995 that Tony Mowbray scored a late equaliser as Town drew 2-2 with Wolves at the Molineux live on TV – a match notable for Town keeper Fred Barber running onto the pitch wearing a Freddie Kruger mask before the game – while the Blues were also held to a 1-1 draw with Wolves at Portman Road in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
And finally on this day in 1966, Ray Crawford was among the scorers as Town beat Bury 2-0 at Portman Road.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 3 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 4 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 7 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 10 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools