Orient prove too strong as Colchester go down to three-goal defeat
FRIENDLY Colchester United 0 Leyton Orient 3
Two goals from Paul McCallum and one from substitute Scott Kashket gave Leyton Orient a comfortable win over Colchester Untied in this pre-season friendly at the Weston Homes Community Stadium this afternoon.
The O’s were stronger and sharper throughout against a mainly young U’s outfit, who up to this point had won all their pre-season games.
In front of a crowd of just over 1,000 both teams put on a entertaining show, with Orient hitting the bar twice and the U’s hitting it once.
Colchester’s Sam Walker made a return to action 17 minutes from time, the big U’s ‘keeper back from injury.
You may also want to watch:
While U’s boss Tony Humes was satisfied with the game although admitted the O’s were that bit sharper.
“It was a good pre-season workout for us,” he said.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 7 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 8 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 9 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 10 Bridal shop opens in well-known former Sudbury bookshop
“Bit by bit we are getting there. We didn’t create a lot of opportunities but we were trying to be more compact as a team
“The goals we conceded were two from crosses and one down the middle, so we have to work on that.
“But overall, it was pre-season, more minutes under the belt and there were alot of good things to come out of it.”
Report, pictures and more from Humes in Monday’s EADT and e-edition.