Orient prove too strong as Colchester go down to three-goal defeat
FRIENDLY Colchester United 0 Leyton Orient 3
Two goals from Paul McCallum and one from substitute Scott Kashket gave Leyton Orient a comfortable win over Colchester Untied in this pre-season friendly at the Weston Homes Community Stadium this afternoon.
The O’s were stronger and sharper throughout against a mainly young U’s outfit, who up to this point had won all their pre-season games.
In front of a crowd of just over 1,000 both teams put on a entertaining show, with Orient hitting the bar twice and the U’s hitting it once.
Colchester’s Sam Walker made a return to action 17 minutes from time, the big U’s ‘keeper back from injury.
While U’s boss Tony Humes was satisfied with the game although admitted the O’s were that bit sharper.
“It was a good pre-season workout for us,” he said.
- 1 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 2 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 3 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 4 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 5 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 6 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 7 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 8 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 9 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 10 'There are qualities we want to add' - McKenna on Town transfer targets
“Bit by bit we are getting there. We didn’t create a lot of opportunities but we were trying to be more compact as a team
“The goals we conceded were two from crosses and one down the middle, so we have to work on that.
“But overall, it was pre-season, more minutes under the belt and there were alot of good things to come out of it.”
Report, pictures and more from Humes in Monday’s EADT and e-edition.