Pablo signs two-year deal
PABLO Counago is back with Ipswich after signing a two-year contract at Portman Road today.The Spanish striker, whose previous spell with the club was between 2001 and 2005, returns after two seasons with Malaga.
PABLO Counago is back with Ipswich after signing a two-year contract at Portman Road today.
The Spanish striker, whose previous spell with the club was between 2001 and 2005, returns after two seasons with Malaga.
Under the terms of his deal Counago, 27, will stay at the club for a third year if he helps Ipswich to win promotion to the Premiership.
Town boss Jim Magilton said: “I don't think anyone really saw the best of Pablo in his first spell here. He has matured and comes back to us at a good age.
You may also want to watch:
“He wants to come and play for me. He wants to come and play for the supporters and this football club. I think he feels he has a point to prove and he's determined to prove it.”
Full interview with Pablo and Alan Lee latest, in tomorrow's EADT and Evening Star
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 7 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns