Parks Trophy quarter-finals underway
THREE of the quarter-finals in the Parks Trophy are scheduled for tomorrow while Rookery Park are at home to Newton Green today.St Audry's entertain Ipswich in an intriguing tie at 9.
By Tony Garnett
THREE of the quarter-finals in the Parks Trophy are scheduled for tomorrow while Rookery Park are at home to Newton Green today.
St Audry's entertain Ipswich in an intriguing tie at 9.45 while Stowmarket are at home to Rushmere at 3pm.
Stowmarket's non-playing captain Bill Darling will be unable to have his usual influence because he will be on jury duty.
Rookery Park have emerged as favourites for the Parks Trophy after their impressive second round win over Thorpeness. Newton Green won an exciting second round tie against St Clements by two holes but could make team changes. Phil Gooch and Steve Cragg come into the reckoning.
Flempton, winners by two holes against Felixstowe Ferry, now face Bungay, who won well at Cretingham. Bungay will miss low handicappers John Formston and Peter Watts but include 70-year-old former club professional Nigel Whyte.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 7 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
Rookery Park v Newton Green
Rookery Park: Mike Rees, David Porter, Ralph Flatt, Ken Sansom, Gerry Moore and Mike Bryan, Charlie Wilderspin and John Knight.
Newton Green (from): Andy Dodds. John Scanlon, Mike Hawkins, Phil Gooch, Bobby Ablitt, Graham Farrance, Tom Whittaker, Harry Wordley, Mike Tope, Roy Sims, Steve Cragg. Non-playing captain:
Stowmarket v Rushmere
Stowmarket: Gerry Sparling, David Barnes, Keith Rooney, Roger Taylor, Tom Collett, John Blenkinsop (captain), Russell Green, Bob Osborne. Reserve: John Clark.
Rushmere: David Duffell, Tony Adams, Brian Allum. Walter Stark, Peter Gillespie, Tony Todd, John Ellis, Jim Hubert.
St Audry's v Ipswich
St Audry's: Terry Upton, Gerry Ablett, Peter King, Colin White, David Leech, Ashley Keeble, John Richardson, Michael Watkins. Bob Clements (non-playing captain).
Ipswich: Rob Adams, John Edwards, Colin Firmin, Peter Gornall, George Irvine, Arthur Lilley, Fitz Lombard, Tony Moran, Peter Wood.
Flempton v Bungay
Flempton: Colin Hawes, Ian Brewster, Charles Reed, Brian Field, George Hazell, Brian Hughes, John Haydock, Richard Thornally.
Bungay: James Gardiner, Bill Hudson, Keith Davey, Tony Webster, Nigel Whyte, Garth Moore, Simon Jamieson, David Rowlinson.