Paul Bugg leaves Long Melford to be named new boss at Diss Town
- Credit: Archant
Diss Town have named Paul Bugg as their new first team manager to replace Ross Potter.
Bugg joins the Tangerines from Thurlow Nunn Premier Division side Long Melford where he served as assistant manager.
He takes over at Diss – sixth in the First Division last season – with immediate effect and his first priority will be to speak with the existing squad with a view to them re-signing for next season.
Diss Town chairman Dickie Upson said: “We are delighted to welcome Paul Bugg to Diss Town as our new first team manager.
“Paul has a wealth of experience managing in the Thurlow Nunn League, most recently as assistant manager of Premier Division Long Melford.
“We are confident Paul will build on the foundations left by Ross Potter by bringing in the best local talent to Brewers Green Lane as we seek promotion to the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division.”
- 1 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 4 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 5 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 6 'It was unanimous... this season's not dead' - Ashton on why Town sacked Cook
- 7 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 8 North Stander: We've become a sacking club - and that makes me uneasy
- 9 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 10 The best fossil hunting spots across East Anglia