‘Ipswich put him on the market again... I’m not sure if we have a chance’ - Lambert on Garbutt
- Credit: Archant
Paul Lambert would love to bring Luke Garbutt back to Portman Road full-time but fears the club may be priced out of a move.
Garbutt will become a free agent next week when his Everton contract expires, at the end of a season where he impressed with six goals in 30 appearances during his loan at Ipswich.
The left-sider has insisted he will not close the door on a permanent move to Suffolk, though he wants to play at as high a level as possible, with Lambert fearing his side may ultimately be gazumped in terms of playing level and finance.
“Luke was excellent for us,” the Town boss said.
MORE: ‘I won’t close the door on Ipswich... but I want to play as high as I can’ - Garbutt on his future“He did really well for us but I think Ipswich did a lot for him as well in terms of putting him on the market again because of how well he performed.
“We’d love to have him here (permanently) because he did so well for us but it’s down to the finance side of it.
You may also want to watch:
“Whether we have a chance at him I’m not sure because I’m pretty sure other teams will be having a look at him.
“His goals, his assist-level and his set pieces were excellent.”
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window
Garbutt’s loan at Ipswich ended following the decision to curtail the League One season early, along with goalkeeper Will Norris who has returned to Wolves.