Peter Siddle injury blow for Essex
ESSEX are reeling from the news that Australian fast bowler Peter Siddle will not be available for the Friends Life t20 competition this summer due to injury.
The quick bowler returned early from the Australian tour of the West Indies after complaining of some lower back soreness.
Essex understand that there are no long-term fitness concerns, however the fact that Siddle will require a month of rest before commencing a rehabilitation programme has made it impossible for him to take part in the tournament this year.
Paul Grayson, the Essex head coach, outlined the plans to recruit another overseas player.
“We are very disappointed Peter can’t make it to Essex following his injury. We understand that when we sign any overseas player that there is a risk of an injury or international duty so we now have to look at other options with a Plan B for another overseas bowler.”
You may also want to watch:
The club said they are now considering their options for his replacement and wish Siddle a full and speedy recovery.
Essex announced last Friday that 32-year-old New Zealand all-rounder James Franklin is to be their other overseas player for this season’s Friends Life t20 competition.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit