Petition gaining support
MORE than 800 Ipswich supports have signed a petition urging Jamie Peters to sign for the Blues.Swedish supporter Simon Copley got the petition underway on Wednesday and had almost 50 signatures on the first day.
By Derek Davis
MORE than 800 Ipswich supports have signed a petition urging Jamie Peters to sign for the Blues.
Swedish supporter Simon Copley got the petition underway on Wednesday and had almost 50 signatures on the first day.
When the EADT publicised the petition yesterday, the total increased by a further 750 and that figure is expected to rise even more today.
You may also want to watch:
The Canadian 17-year-old, who has already made his full international debut, was believed to be on the brink of signing for Millwall as he has family in London.
But his agent told the EADT that no decision had been made and he would be discussing his future with Peters and his parents today and a decision is expected to be reached next week.
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Matchday Live: Palace visit Portman Road as fans return
- 10 Town expecting more than 6,000 fans for Crystal Palace friendly
Barry Maclean was impressed that Town fans had found an innovative way of expressing their desire for the right-winger to join them.
He added: “It is an unusual thing to do but shows the depth of feeling they have for Jamie and that has to be taken into account as he makes his mind up.” If you want to add your name the petition can be found at: www.petitiononline.com/