Morsley delighted after getting striker – Mildenhall sign Canaries U-23s ‘keeper
- Credit: Archant
AFC Sudbury Manager Mark Morsley has today announced that he has agreed a deal with Brightlingsea Regent striker Phil Kelly to join the club on a two-season deal.
On his recent capture Morsley said; “Phil is a player I have liked for some time and I did try and take him to Needham two seasons ago. Once we initially met last week he came across as the right player to join our journey as he now needs another challenge after being key the phenomenal success that Regent have enjoyed.
“He has won leagues and cups so having that experience of ‘getting over the line’ was a really important fact for me.
“He was clearly loyal to his previous club and I hope that he will be as successful with Sudbury.
“All being well he will come into the squad for the away game against Grays on Saturday.”
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Mildenhall Town have signed Norwich City Under-23s keeper Jake Hallett on loan.
The 20-year-old has only featured as an unused substitute for the Canaries’ development squad this season, having made three appearances for Norwich United on loan last season.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
Hallett has now returned to step four of non-league, with Mildenhall having been promoted to the same level as Norwich United, Bostik League Division One North.
The former Southampton goalkeeper has a contract with Norwich until June and City do have the option of a further 12 months which could be activated.