Kelly nets hat-trick as AFC Sudbury beat Brentwood Town
- Credit: Archant
AFC Sudbury 5 Brentwood Town 3
AFC Sudbury raced into a 3-0 lead and then kept their composure to score two late goals and so celebrate a dramatic 5-3 home win over Brentwood Town tonight.
Callum Harrison broke the deadlock after just two minutes, making the most of a defensive mix-up following Joe Whight’s cross into the danger zone.
Phil Kelly then struck twice in quick succession, heading home Billy Holland’s cross to double the lead on seven minutes.
Kelly converted a one-on-one stituation with the keeper from Coakley’s through ball to make it 3-0 in the 15th minute, but the visitors were spurred on by Kojo Apenteng’s corner going straight into the net on 19 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Charlee Hughes reduced the arrears to 3-2 before half-time, and Ryan Mallett equalised (50 minutes).
However, Kelly completed his hat-trick to regain the lead for Sudbury in the 79th minute, before Harrison tapped home the fifth in stoppage time after Kelly had rounded the keeper.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 3 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 4 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- Stowmarket Town were 4-1 winners over Godmanchester in the League Challenge Cup. Remi Garrett, Jack Baker, Scott Chaplin and Ballard all scored for the Suffolk hosts.