Pitch inspection planned at Colchester United
- Credit: Ashley Pickering
There will be a pitch inspection at Colchester United tomorrow morning, ahead of the visit of high-flying Rotherham.
The Weston Homes Community Stadium playing surface is very heavy, although it has been protected by covers today, to fend off the most recent rain.
More heavy rain is forecast, so the game is very much in the balance – the U’s have not played for three weeks, and so are desperate for a a return to competitive action.
The pitch inspection will take place at 8.30am.
The U’s provisional squad sees a return for winger Gavin Massey, after a long-term hamstring injury. He could be on the bench.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Dickson will replace the departed Luke Garbutt (recalled by Everton at the end of last month) at left back.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 9 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 10 Ipswich Town 6-0 Doncaster Rovers: Evans leads the way as ruthless Blues cut loose under the lights