Player movement at Needham Market as loanee Ryan Melaugh returns to Colchester United, AFC Sudbury’s Dave Cowley moves across Suffolk and ex-Ipswich Town striker Richard Logan departs
- Credit: James Ager
Despite the recent standstill in the non-league scene due to the bad weather, there has been some player movement at Needham Market with manager Mark Morsley reshuffling his pack for the final half of the season.
Morsley confirmed today that dynamic left-winger Dave Cowley has joined the Marketmen from fellow Suffolk and Ryman North rivals AFC Sudbury, while ex-Ipswich Town and Football League player Richard Logan has been released from his squad.
Logan only joined Needham towards the end of the last calendar year but has struggled to make a major impact at Bloomfields in his short time at the club and has been allowed to move on by Morlsey.
“It possibly has not worked out for Loges (Logan) with us this season,” confessed the Needham manager.
“He has been effective in a deep midfield role but that is an area that we are strong and we have gone in another direction with our front options.
You may also want to watch:
“I also had to address the balance of the squad with Ryan Melaugh going back to Colchester United.
“I have to say Richard is a great lad and I wish him well going forward.”
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 4 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 7 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 8 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 9 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 10 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
Incoming to Needham Market is left-winger Cowley, who has switched the MEL Group Stadium for Bloomfields.
“I have tried to sign Dave a couple of time this season ,” Morsley said.
“He is a technically good player who can play in the offensive left side of my team as well as a number of other offensive positions.
“Dave was also very keen to join us and in fact has funded the transfer costs himself. I think that shows the sort of player I am getting.”
Cowley should be able to make his debut tomorrow as Needham travel to VCD Athletic.