Plough need six points to keep race open
WITH Grundisburgh zooming in on a Metaltec SIL Senior Division and Omnico Cup double, Capel Plough need to make the most of their Easter weekend.They look to be the only side in with a realistic chance of catching long-time leaders Grundisburgh but their hopes would surely be dashed if they fail to pocket six points from the visits to Stowupland Falcons tomorrow and East Bergholt on Monday.
WITH Grundisburgh zooming in on a Metaltec SIL Senior Division and Omnico Cup double, Capel Plough need to make the most of their Easter weekend.
They look to be the only side in with a realistic chance of catching long-time leaders Grundisburgh but their hopes would surely be dashed if they fail to pocket six points from the visits to Stowupland Falcons tomorrow and East Bergholt on Monday.
Grundisburgh can keep their title run on course with a victory at Woodbridge Athletic.
You may also want to watch:
The SIL Fifth Division game between Tattingstone United and Aldeburgh Town should be a memorable contest - with plenty of goals!
The home team need a win to secure the title, while an Aldeburgh victory will clinch them promotion. Wins in their two outstanding home matches would then give Aldeburgh the title.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 4 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
Aldeburgh have planned a 52-seater coach for a match that features the three leading scorers in the SIL. Jack Carroll and Ben Hunting of Aldeburgh and Robbie Stannard of Tattingstone have scored 100 goals between them.
Tattingstone are just four and Aldeburgh just seven goals short of 100 league goals with no other team having yet reached 80.
Apart from Tattingstone securing promotion, congratulations to East Bergholt A in Division Six, while Sizewell Associates (Division 2) and Sizewell Associates Reserves (Division 4) have had their relegations confirmed.
Dennington United became the first SIL side to complete their fixtures when they lost their Division Six game 11-1 to East Bergholt A.
Salvation Army play Redgrave Rangers in the Suffolk Primary Cup final at Walsham-le-Willows tomorrow.
Since wining their semi-final on February 28, Army have lost all five league games, conceding 19 goals and scoring just once.
Redgrave have also had a touch of the jitters, losing their first league matches and slipping from the top spot in the Anglian Combination Division Six.