Price loses, but excels on Wales debut
LEWIS Price made his full international debut for Wales in Limassol last night, but despite a series of fine saves could not prevent his team suffering an embarrassing 1-0 defeat to Cyprus.
LEWIS Price made his full international debut for Wales in Limassol last night, but despite a series of fine saves could not prevent his team suffering an embarrassing 1-0 defeat to Cyprus, writes Derek Davis.
It was a poor Welsh performance, but Price kept them in the match until he was beaten by a first-half penalty.
The Ipswich goalkeeper said: “It wasn't the biggest crowd or the best atmospherre but you have to accept that for these sort of friendlies. It was still fantastic for me to make my debut and now hopefully I can go on and win a lot more caps and be successful for Wales.
“The game wasn't the best for us. It was one of those nights when nothing went right for us. I have no complaints about the penalty and I guessed the wrong way, but these things happen.
You may also want to watch:
“That's twice now I have had to face a penalty on my debut.
“I am looking forward to coming back to Ipswich and playing against Coventry on Saturday.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 Can Ipswich Town ease the pain of a brutal week with an unlikely victory at Charlton?
- 10 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles