Price loses, but excels on Wales debut
LEWIS Price made his full international debut for Wales in Limassol last night, but despite a series of fine saves could not prevent his team suffering an embarrassing 1-0 defeat to Cyprus.
LEWIS Price made his full international debut for Wales in Limassol last night, but despite a series of fine saves could not prevent his team suffering an embarrassing 1-0 defeat to Cyprus, writes Derek Davis.
It was a poor Welsh performance, but Price kept them in the match until he was beaten by a first-half penalty.
The Ipswich goalkeeper said: “It wasn't the biggest crowd or the best atmospherre but you have to accept that for these sort of friendlies. It was still fantastic for me to make my debut and now hopefully I can go on and win a lot more caps and be successful for Wales.
“The game wasn't the best for us. It was one of those nights when nothing went right for us. I have no complaints about the penalty and I guessed the wrong way, but these things happen.
“That's twice now I have had to face a penalty on my debut.
“I am looking forward to coming back to Ipswich and playing against Coventry on Saturday.”
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 7 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 8 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 9 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed