Radio's star-studded line-up of ex Blues
RADIO Suffolk will today announce a star-studded line-up in their Ipswich Town commentary team for this season.
RADIO Suffolk will today announce a star studded line up in their Ipswich Town commentary team for this season.
John Wark, Bryan Hamilton, Trevor Whymark, Alex Mathie and Kevin Beattie, have already signed up to join commentator Brenner Woolley at the BBC station that will continue to provide full-match commentary on every away game (league and cup) and reports and analysis from Portman Road on each home game.
It is understood deals to sign up another couple of big Town names are also close to being announced.
You may also want to watch:
SGR have bought the rights to broadcast full match commentary from Portman Road but Radio Suffolk have hit back by promising a comprehensive coverage of all Town games.
Former Blues, Liverpool and Scotland legend Wark will become their regular pundit previewing the weekend's football on a Friday evening and Beattie will co-present the "Rock and Goal Years" with Rob Chandler each Saturday from midday.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 9 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
- 10 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
Each week's summariser will also host the post match phone in, giving fans the chance to speak to their Town heroes.
Peter Cook, BBC Radio Suffolk station controller, said: “It's been a fantastic summer of signings and I'm delighted that so many Ipswich Town legends are a part of our team.
“ These are all players with a superb pedigree and their views will be trusted by the fans. We're passionate about football at BBC Radio Suffolk and are looking forward to celebrating a great season for Ipswich.”
Bryan Knights will move to cover Bury Town and AFC Sudbury as BBC Suffolk look to enhance their radio coverage of local sports.