Reaction: Douglas frustrated by two points dropped
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Jonathan Douglas was frustrated to let a lead slip twice as Ipswich Town drew 2-2 with Wolves this afternoon.
The Irishman gave the Blues the lead with a neat first-half finish before Daryl Murphy did the same in the second, but on both occasions the visitors were able to find a leveller as first James Henry and then Benik Afobe found the net.
Douglas was encouraged by the performance, as Town dominated their opposition for spells and created chances, but was frustrated he and his teammates were not able to translate it into three points.
“It is frustrating not to get the three points, especially when you’ve gone into the lead twice,” Dougie told Ipswich Player.
“I thought it was a good game and it was pretty end-to-end but we’re disappointed with a draw even though it’s another point for us.
You may also want to watch:
“We know that we can beat anybody in the league on our day and I think the last few performances have proved that.
“We made a couple of mistakes today which were punished but the performance was good and we can look forward to next week against Charlton now.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 5 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Essex home 'completely destroyed' by fire
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 9 Delays on A12 after crash near Saxmundham
- 10 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections