Read is new Ipswich Wanderers boss
IPSWICH Wanderers have announced Glenn Read as their new manager.
The former Woodbridge Town and Coplestonians manager, who most recently was Steve Jay’s assistant at Stowmarket Town, replaces Steve Buckle who was released from the job a fortnight ago.
Read said: “I’m really pleased to be back managing again at Ridgeons Level. It will be a bit of a challenge but it is something I’m looking forward to.
“The club has a fantastic pitch and facilities that are improving all the time.
“I know that the club has plenty of good youngsters and a successful youth side, so I want to give them their chance in the side before I look at other players.”
Wanderers currently sit bottom of the Division One table after managing only four points from their opening 10 matches.
Club chairman Terry Fenwick said: “I am delighted to welcome Glenn to the club. We are looking forward to a new and successful era and hope to be moving back up the league table.”
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 5 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 6 From Celina to Mariner - the best goals ever scored at Portman Road
- 7 Paramedics called after tree falls on car in east Suffolk
- 8 Triple murder accused appears in court
- 9 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 10 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
Read will take charge of his first game in next weekend’s Ridgeons League Division One KO Cup tie with his previous club Stowmarket Town, a game which will also see new Stowmarket manager Shane Austin make his debut in the dugout.