Reading v Ipswich Town nostalgia:
- Credit: Archant
In this week’s Ipswich Town nostalgia, we look back to March 2009, when Jon Stead’s fine strike was enough to give Ipswich all three points at the Madejski Stadium, Reading.
Town’s eighth away victory of the 2008-09 season came as the Blues beat Reading 1-0 at the Madejski Stadium, thanks to Jon Stead’s’spectacular overhead kick in the second half.
The home side started well as Dave Kitson hit the bar after four minutes, but Ipswich weathered the early storm and found the back of the net a minute into the second half.
The goal came out of nothing, as Kevin Lisbie fed David Norris on the right and the midfielder sent in a cross that forward Stead powerfully overhead-kicked with pace and it flew past Reading ‘keeper Marcus Hahnemann, to give Town the three points.
Reading piled forward in response but created little and Ipswich held on for the win, to put another blow into Reading’s hopes of automatic promotion.
You may also want to watch:
Town XI: Richard Wright, David Wright, McAuley, Balkestein, Thatcher, Miller, Norris, Quinn (Garvan 80), Civelli, Lisbie (Counago 90), Stead (Giovani 71). Subs Not Used: Supple, Campo.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 9 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad