Record field at Ipswich parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In the latest in our Series on the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we put the spotlight on a record-breaking Ipswich parkrun
Ipswich parkrun celebrated a new record on a sun-kissed Saturday morning, as a highest-ever total of 502 runners, joggers and walkers congregated for the 346th staging of the event, held over a two-lap course at Christchurch Park.
An impressive 78 of the field chalked up personal bests around the 5K course, making the most of the conditions. It was a two-lap route from Mansion House Cafe.
Michael Fuller, of Ipswich Harriers, led home the field in a time of 18mins 12secs, some way adrift of his PB for the event of 17:08. Fuller was just three seconds ahead of runner-up Liam White (PB of 18:15), while third-placed Andrew Farn also notched a PB (18:26).
Teenager Freya Spruit, a first-time visitor to the Ipswich parkrun, was the first female finisher in 19:11. She has run most of her parkruns in Bath.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Harriers youngster Francesca Mann (11-14 year-old age group) recorded 20:32 in second, while veteran Val Jennings (55-59) was third in 21:28.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 4 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 5 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 6 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 7 North Stander: Norwich will be back in Championship - can we join them?
- 8 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 9 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls