Rugby union: Sudbury juniors latest
Colchester 5 Sudbury 0Sudbury were disappointed not to win or, at worst draw, having played the better rugby and had most of the possession, but Colchester capitalised on a penalty awarded five metres from the Sudbury try-line and a determined run saw one of Colchester's players cross the line.
Colchester 5 Sudbury 0
Sudbury were disappointed not to win or, at worst draw, having played the better rugby and had most of the possession, but Colchester capitalised on a penalty awarded five metres from the Sudbury try-line and a determined run saw one of Colchester's players cross the line. Sudbury tried to equalise but the clock beat them.
Colchester 0 Sudbury 35
Sudbury knew what was expected in the second game, with reserves from the first game now on the park wanting to make their mark. Griffiths scored the first from a penalty, ploughing through the defence. Boydell sniped from the back of the scrum soon after the restart that didn't go the 10 yards. Lewis was put through thanks to a pass from Rust. Just after half-time Boydell scored another after picking up from the base of the ruck and darted through gaps in the defensive line. Lewis caught for the second week in a row from a clearance kick from Rust and found himself in space to score. Sudbury kept the pressure on until the ball won by the forwards came out unselfishly through the backs to winger Miller who scored the last.
You may also want to watch:
Sudbury 15 Hadleigh 0
Good defence for the first five minutes from Hadleigh made Sudbury's forwards work hard but eventually they made inroads and the defence broke down and a well worked back move saw Wardrop crash over the line. Soon into the second half a scrum was awarded to Sudbury for a knock-on by Hadleigh. The ball came out to the centres and Dachtler jinked through the defence to score. Cox was held up over the line at the first attempt but at the second time of asking made sure to put his hard work to good cause and grounded the ball for the final try of the day.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 5 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards