Running: Sudbury Joggers latest
On another warm day the Sudbury Joggers were spread between three venues on Sunday.At the Halstead Marathon Andy Buck ran a good race to complete in 38th position with 3:18:46, while Tom Cresswell finished his first marathon in 3:46:08 for 132nd.
On another warm day the Sudbury Joggers were spread between three venues on Sunday.
At the Halstead Marathon Andy Buck ran a good race to complete in 38th position with 3:18:46, while Tom Cresswell finished his first marathon in 3:46:08 for 132nd.
Jem Smith decided the marathon was not quite far enough, and opted for the Ultra 30-mile option. Jem was seventh, in 4:06:46.
At Colchester four Sudbury Joggers were competing at the 10km distance.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Taczynski led the club home in a new personal best of 44:35, followed by Carol Shaw, in 51:35, and Robert Shaw in 53:46. Jo Gould completed the club's showing, in 59:00.
An off-road 10km event was held at Alton Water, featuring some great scenery for those with time to look.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 8 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 9 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Paul Preston finished third in 37:10, while Alan Anstead was ninth in a new best time of 40:24. Barry Curtis was 46th in 46:38, also in a new personal best, only two weeks since his marathon run.
Sudbury Joggers met on a Wednesday evening at Sudbury Sports Centre for a 7:30pm session, for more details call Jem Smith on 07779 498405, or visit www.sudburyjoggers.org.uk