Ryman League Cup sees holders Bury face Maldon & Tiptree and AFC Sudbury host Leiston
BURY Town will start their defence of the Ryman League Cup with a trip to Maldon & Tiptree in the second round of this season’s competition.
Elsewhere in the second round, which begins on the week of October 15, AFC Sudbury will host Leiston in what should be a cracking local derby.
Needham Market are at home to Ware while Lowestoft Town have been drawn away at either Cheshunt or Soham Town Rangers.
There are also away ties for Witham Town and Heybridge Swifts who travel to Harlow Town and Wroxham respectively.
In the Ryman Veterans Cup, which begins on October 30, Leiston will visit Northwood while on the same day Haverhill Rovers will host Enfield Town in the Womens’ Cup.
Lowestoft Town have a bye in that competition.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 7 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 8 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town