RYMAN LEAGUE ROUND-UP: Leiston fight back, AFC Sudbury top the league
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Leiston fought back to earn a dramatic 2-1 win at home to Billericay last night in the Ryman Premier.
Craig Parker struck in stoppage time to give Steve Ball’s men all three points, 14 minutes after Tom Bullard had equalised for the Blues.
Ricky Sappelton had given Billericay the lead at Victory Road.
Bury Town, meanwhile, drew 0-0 at Witham Town at Spa Road.
In Division One North, George Clarke’s 89th minute strike gave Needham Market a 2-1 win at Ware in Ryman North.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Hogg gave Market an early lead but Samir Hadi equalised on 57 minutes.
AFC Sudbury made it two wins out of two as they overcame a gallant Wroxham at the Wardale Williams Stadium.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
It was a match of few clear cut chances with Jordan Blackwell having the only real chance when the ball broke to him on the edge of the Wroxham area however, Pride, in the visitors’ goal, stood tall to block.
The only goal of the game came on 69 minutes when from a Lee Flynn right-wing corner, Craig Pope stealing in to glance a neat header into the corner of the net, maintaining Sudbury’s position at the top on goal difference.
Elsewhere, Brightlingsea Regent defeated visitors Soham 1-0 thanks to Rickie Griggs’ goal.