RYMAN LEAGUE ROUND-UP: Leiston fight back, AFC Sudbury top the league
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Leiston fought back to earn a dramatic 2-1 win at home to Billericay last night in the Ryman Premier.
Craig Parker struck in stoppage time to give Steve Ball’s men all three points, 14 minutes after Tom Bullard had equalised for the Blues.
Ricky Sappelton had given Billericay the lead at Victory Road.
Bury Town, meanwhile, drew 0-0 at Witham Town at Spa Road.
In Division One North, George Clarke’s 89th minute strike gave Needham Market a 2-1 win at Ware in Ryman North.
Chris Hogg gave Market an early lead but Samir Hadi equalised on 57 minutes.
AFC Sudbury made it two wins out of two as they overcame a gallant Wroxham at the Wardale Williams Stadium.
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 9 Aston Villa loanee Louie Barry is the forgotten signing at Ipswich Town... he'll be hoping to get his chance this week
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
It was a match of few clear cut chances with Jordan Blackwell having the only real chance when the ball broke to him on the edge of the Wroxham area however, Pride, in the visitors’ goal, stood tall to block.
The only goal of the game came on 69 minutes when from a Lee Flynn right-wing corner, Craig Pope stealing in to glance a neat header into the corner of the net, maintaining Sudbury’s position at the top on goal difference.
Elsewhere, Brightlingsea Regent defeated visitors Soham 1-0 thanks to Rickie Griggs’ goal.