Sausage Supper is on the move
IT’S on the move, but should be just as successful as ever.
Queens, who are the oldest club in the Flare Recruitment Sunday league, annually stages a Sausage Supper on Maundy Thursday when footballers of ‘yesteryear’ chew over the good times.
Apart from bringing together former players it is also crucial in raising funds.
Club official Dave Morgan says: “Unfortunately, it seems clear that Ipswich Town and the local police are unaware of this as they have re-arranged the Ipswich versus Norwich City match from Good Friday to the previous night.
“Happily, with the assistance of Fynn Valley Golf Club our excellent venue in recent years, our event will now be held the day before on Wednesday April 20.”
You may also want to watch:
Invitations will be circulated early in the New Year.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 7 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 9 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties