Shane Austin quits as Stowmarket Town manager
SHANE Austin has resigned as first-team manager of Stowmarket Town.
Austin, who took over as manager at Greens Meadow in October 2011, replaced Steve Jay as manager.
He leaves with the club second bottom of Division One of the Thurlow Nunn League, after winning just three of their 24 league games so far this season.
A statement on the club’s website said that the committee had accepted his resignation and that of assistant manager Stuart Spreadbridge.
It read: “We would like to thank Shane and Stuart, who will also be leaving, for all their hard work these past 18 months and wish them the very best in their future endeavours.
You may also want to watch:
“The committee have also worked quickly to appoint an interim management team for the remainder of the season. Ricky Andrews, ex-Stow Youth manager and Ricky License, ex player of Stow’s Legendary sides, will be in place for the game tomorrow against Fakenham.
“Please come down and support the Stow players and the Stow management team as they try to pick up some momentum for the season run in.”
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years