Sheffield Wednesday v Ipswich Town nostalgia: Quinn and Lee on target at Hillsborough in 2008
In this week’s Ipswich Town nostalgia, we look back to February 2 2008, when Town clinched their first away win of the 2007-08 season in the Championship, thanks to goals from Alan Quinn and Alan Lee
The Blues made a flying start when former Owls man Alan Quinn put Ipswich ahead in the fourth minute when he received a short pass from Jonathan Walters and the midfielder unleashed a stunning 25-yard drive into the top corner.
However, the lead lasted just nine minutes as Marcus Tudgay put Wednesday level, when he reacted quickest to a loose ball into the bottom corner from 15 yards.
Ipswich began to get on top in the second half, but chances were limited until Alan Lee converted Alex Bruce’s right-wing cross for his 10th goal of the season.
Bruce picked up the loose ball and found himself some space and sent in a cross to the far post which Quinn nodded back into the box and Lee stabbed past Grant and into the net on the 71st minute in front of the Town fans to clich the Blues first away win of the 2007-08 season.
You may also want to watch:
Town: Bywater, Wright, Harding, De Vos, Bruce, Garvan (Sumulikoski 76), Miller, Norris, Quinn (Haynes 84), Walters, Couñago (Lee 64). Unused: Colgan, Naylor.
- 1 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 2 Can Town kick on now? Predictions for the next five league games
- 3 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 4 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence
- 5 Jail for man who threatened to 'do a Raoul Moat' and kill police
- 6 Man airlifted to hospital after suffering serious leg injuries in crash
- 7 'We have formed a successful partnership' - Morsy on his Evans reunion
- 8 Britain's poshest train set to return to Ipswich
- 9 Suffolk shops struggling to secure fresh meat as CO2 concerns deepen
- 10 Things to do in Suffolk this weekend with friends and family