SIL select representative side has been selected
MANAGERS Peter Gorham and Ian Watson had five clubs to choose from for players for Saturday’s FA Inter-League Cup preliminary round game between Kingsley Healthcare SIL and the Bedfordshire County League at Hadleigh United (kick-off 2.30pm).
It is believed that the intention was to have the team than wins the SIL this season represent the league in a competition they have entered for the first time.
But they have been presented with a preliminary round game and the league has manoeuvred fixtures sufficiently – with Omnico Cup quarter-finals taking place on Saturday freeing up some sides – for Gorham and Watson to select players from their own clubs (Ransomes Sports and Felixstowe United respectively) as well as those from Grundisburgh, Ipswich Athletic and Old Newton.
Any player who has signed an FA contract is ineligible and this includes Grundisburgh’s Tom Bradlaugh who in the past was signed by AFC Sudbury but never kicked a ball for them!
Previous winners of the competition are Mid-Cheshire League, Isle of Man League, Southern Amateur League and last season Guernsey Senior County League.
You may also want to watch:
The SIL squad is: Lyndon Alexander-Dowson, Matt Cunningham, Mical Moore, Luke Reid, Andy Crump (Grundisburgh), Liam Bevis, Tom Childs, Guy Clubb, Tom Parker, Ross White (Ransomes Sports), Lee Bloom (Old Newton United), Daniel Crump, Chris Kyle, Matt Morgan (Felixstowe United), Craig Jennings, Scott Marjoram (captain) and Alan Mills (Ipswich Athletic).
The winners will at home to either Reading League or Kent County League in the next round with September the likely date.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism