Sir Alex talks transfers over a Danish
SIR Alex Ferguson has got up close and personal with one of Manchester United's top transfer targets. (Mirror)United boss Ferguson was sat at the next table to Palermo's Danish defender Simon Kjaer at an awards ceremony in Copenhagen on Monday night.
SIR Alex Ferguson has got up close and personal with one of Manchester United's top transfer targets. (Mirror)
United boss Ferguson was sat at the next table to Palermo's Danish defender Simon Kjaer at an awards ceremony in Copenhagen on Monday night.
Ferguson, there to present United legend Peter Schmeichel with an award on his induction into Denmark's football Hall of Fame, was seen sharing small talk with the highly-rated Kjaer, who is on his transfer radar.
But Ferguson also paid tribute to ex-United keeper Schmeichel. He said: “Peter has given me many nightmares and sleepless nights but has also been a fantastic player, a great pro with big ambitions.”
You may also want to watch:
Ferguson also saluted Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner, who won Denmark's Player of the Year and Goal of the Year awards.
Ferguson added: “Nicklas Bendtner is part of the Arsenal team and has proven himself at highest level. It's no surprise to me that he runs away with the prize.”
- 2 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 9 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk