Six academy players to be offered professional contracts
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have announced that they will be offering professional contracts to six academy scholars.
James Blanchfield, George Fowler, Monty Patterson, Chris Smith, Shane McLoughlin and Jacob Marsden have all been told by Blues boss Mick McCarthy that an offer will be made that will keep them at Portman Road for at least another season.
– Midfielder Blachfield spent eight years at Arsenal before joining Ipswich at 16. He also spent time at Manchester United.
– Central defender Fowler hails from Debenham. He has been playing for the Blues’ Under-18s since he was 14.
– Defender/midfielder Smith is a former Kesgrave High School pupil who has been with the club he supports since the age of eight.
You may also want to watch:
– Irish Under-18 international midfielder McLoughlin joined the club in the summer of 2013. A regular in the Under-21 team this season, he was on the first-team bench for the FA Cup replay at Portsmouth.
– New Zealand U23 international midfielder Paterson joined the club in the summer of 2014. He has spent most of this season sidelined by a serious ankle injury.
- 1 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
– Goalkeeper Marsden was in action for the U21s against Crystal Palace this week having returned to action following a lengthy spell out with a knee ligament injury.