Sky Sports announce new TV deal for speedway with a minimum 25 meetings a year. Ipswich Witches director Chris Louis heaps praise on the new deal – ‘no-one does speedway like Sky,’ he says
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich ‘Sackers’ Witches director of speedway Chris Louis has heaped praise on the new Sky television deal that the sport has announced.
Thanks to it, Sky Sports will show live coverage of the Elite League for the next five years.
The agreement made with the British Speedway Promoters Association comprises of a minimum 25 meetings a year through the summer from March to October featuring the 10 teams from the League starting with the Elite Riders Championship at Coventry on Friday, March 21.
And Louis, a former Grand Prix star of many years and a former World No.3, who is an integral part of the presentation team for the satellite channel couldn’t be more delighted.
“It’s great news,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The vast majority of sports fans have access to Sky and it’s great for our sport to receive the publicity.
“No-one does speedway like Sky have done over the years and I know speedway fans will be delighted.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 8 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 9 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
“From a business point of view it gives the sport a bit of stability.
“We can plan ahead for the next five years knowing the television coverage will be there.
“It helps us entice sponsors and it is just an all round great advert for the sport.”