Sol will not link up with Sven
NOTTS County are not plotting a mega-money bid to land former England man Sol Campbell. (Nottingham Evening Post)Several reports today suggested that the Magpies were set to sign the defender, who is a free agent, to bolster their League Two promotion push.
NOTTS County are not plotting a mega-money bid to land former England man Sol Campbell. (Nottingham Evening Post)
Several reports today suggested that the Magpies were set to sign the defender, who is a free agent, to bolster their League Two promotion push.
But club officials today confirmed that the 34-year-old was not about to arrive at Meadow Lane on a two year deal.
It is understood a host of Premiership clubs, lead by Birmingham and Aston Villa, as well as Championship Newcastle, are interested in the former Spurs, Arsenal and Portsmouth man.
You may also want to watch:
It is believed Notts may have made contact with the players' representatives earlier in the summer, but have not pursued a serious interest since.
Campbell is still likely to demand something in the region of �90k a week, which would eclipse the Magpies' entire wage bill.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 4 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 £1m renovation on Suffolk castle will change the appearance
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
The club have also insisted that rumours linking them with a move for Manchester City keeper Kasper Schmeichel are wide of the mark.