Sole Bay winners will go on to represent county at National Indoor Finals
- Credit: Archant
The Suffolk County Women’s Bowls Association (Federation) held their County Indoor finals at Sole Bay Indoor Bowls Club, Southwold recently.
The winners of each discipline will go forward to represent the County of Suffolk at the National Indoor Federation Finals at Newark IBC in the week starting April 17.
The Pairs match saw Carol Howe and skip Elaine Wright overcome sisters, Paula Gooch and Lesley Alexander, to win the title.
The 2-bowl Triples was even closer until Howe and Wright, joined by Ginny Sherwood, scored two five-shot hauls to take themselves 12 shots clear with four ends to play.
Margaret Thorpe won the 4-bowl Senior Singles, defeating Yvonne Harper who played a lot better than the score suggested.
You may also want to watch:
The close 4-bowl Singles between sisters Paula and Lesley, saw Paula win by four shots in a reversal of last year’s result.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 6 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward