“Some of our football was terrific” – Colchester United boss Tony Humes
Colchester United boss, Tony Humes, was delighted with the way his side attacked, and defended, during this afternoon’s deserved 2-1 win at Swindon Town.
First-half goals by George Moncur (3 minutes) and Callum Harriott (42) sandwiched an equaliser from striker Wes Thomas (22) to seal another three points for the impressive U’s.
It was their third league victory on the trot.
“It’s another great three points for us, and it was a bit like last week,” enthused Humes, with reference to the previous weekend’s 2-1 home win over Gillingham.
“We got 2-1 up against Gillingham in the first half, and then defended well to close out the game, and we have done the same today.
You may also want to watch:
“We battled well to see the game out, which shows the players are managing games and shows that they are maturing.
“I thought that some of our football in the first half was terrific. We could have been out of sight, if we had taken more of our chances.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 7 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 8 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 9 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
“In the second half, to a man, we defended magnificently,” added Humes.