Spotlight on Felixstowe parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In the latest of our Series on the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we put the spotlight on Saturday’s latest Felixstowe parkrun
Bright sunshine greeted runners, joggers and walkers for the 46th staging of the Felixstowe parkrun, held on the promenade yesterday morning.
Runners from the home club, Felixstowe Road Runners, filled the first two positions on a morning when 186 completed the flat 5K course.
Danny Rock led home the field in 17mins 16secs, while his Felixstowe RR club-mate Jonathan Glanfield celebrated a personal best for the course of 17:26.
Jason Marter completed his 136th parkrun in a PB of 17:39, followed by Darren Shepherd, an over-40 veteran from Framlingham Flyers, who was fourth with a PB of 17:41.
You may also want to watch:
Twin sisters Millie and Maddie Jordan-Lee, of Stowmarket Striders, clocked the same time (19:38) on their way to first and second female, and seventh and eighth overall. Both girls, who compete in the 15-17 age group, are regular members of Suffolk’s various cross country teams.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 4 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 5 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 10 7 pretty villages in Suffolk