Spotlight on the Harwich parkrun
- Credit: Archant
In our weekly look at the ever-popular parkruns across Suffolk and North-East Essex, we feature Saturday’s Harwich parkrun from Dovercourt Cliff Park
Sam Strike and Kiera-Jayne Atkinson were the first two home from a field of 98 at the 134th staging of the Harwich parkrun on Saturday, and it was a special day for junior Alexander McCreadie.
Strike covered the 5K distance, from Dovercourt Cliff Park, in 20mins 16secs, which was a little off his personal best of 19:43 for the promnade-based course.
Second home was junior athlete Atkinson, a member of Colchester & Tendring AC who is in the 11-14 year-old age group. She registered 20:33, though she has a PB of 19:07.
Meanwhile, McCreadie, another 11-14 year-old age-group member, chalked up his 100th parkrun on Saturday, a fine achievement. A total of 72 have been at Harwich, with 20 at Colchester Castle Park.
You may also want to watch:
By contrast, the Tilley family – Harry, Richard, Poppy and Jayne – all completed their first-ever parkruns at Harwich, as did Jen Chenery.
Third home on Saturday was Cameron Mitchell (20:49), while Great Bentley RC’s Antoinette Wilson was second lady (24:42).
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds