Spurs plan keeper swoop
TOTTENHAM are planning a move for Watford's England Under-21 keeper Scott Loach in the January window. (Daily Star)Spurs boss Harry Redknapp had the 21-year-old watched again as he kept a clean sheet in the Hornets' win over Preston on Saturday.
TOTTENHAM are planning a move for Watford's England Under-21 keeper Scott Loach in the January window. (Daily Star)
Spurs boss Harry Redknapp had the 21-year-old watched again as he kept a clean sheet in the Hornets' win over Preston on Saturday.
It is thought that Redknapp is still unconvinced by Brazilian international Heurelho Gomes, and his back-up, Italian Carlo Cudicini.
Spurs have been tracking Loach for months even though he made a howler in the European Under-21 Final which
You may also want to watch:
helped Germany thrash England 4-0 in Sweden. Loach is rated in the �6m bracket and could be brought in as cover for Gomes, whose form remains inconsistent.
For the deal to go ahead it seems Redknapp would first have to offload Cudicini.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 5 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 6 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 7 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
Money to sign Loach is available after the club announced record profits from player sales and an increase in broadcasting revenues.
The key sale in increasing pre-tax profits was Dimitar Berbatov's move to Manchester United for �30.75m in 2008.
The total trading profit was �56.5m compared with �16.4m previously.
Birmingham boss Alex McLeish is plotting a �3m reunion with Spurs defender Alan Hutton.
The Blues boss is looking for a new right-back with former Tottenham man Stephen Carr, 33, in the twilight of his career.
McLeish knows all about the 24-year-old, having worked with him at Rangers and Scotland.
Redknapp is set to cash in on Hutton, who has started just one League game this season. Sunderland, Everton and Hull all also keen.