St Ives 8 IES 0
NE14 Hockey East LeagueDivision 2NSt Ives 8 Ipswich East Suffolk 0Ipswich East Suffolk could only muster ten for their away trip to league leaders St.
NE14 Hockey East League
St Ives 8 Ipswich East Suffolk 0
Ipswich East Suffolk could only muster ten for their away trip to league leaders St. Ives.
You may also want to watch:
Adding in the combined injured pair in Tingey and Lane IES stood little chance.
The ten men battled hard, despite the weather, against a rampant home side, who scored freely and were six up at the break.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain
IES did not trouble the St. Ives goal once and were lucky to be in the state they were come the restart.
The second half saw the visitors make most of the play, but couldn't score even with a chance through a penalty flick that Cole pushed weakly at the keeper.
St. Ives scored two further goals and their extra man, subs and class showed why they top Division 2 North.
IES must regroup over the Christmas break and start winning more games to ensure they keep out of the drop area and in with the promotion hopefuls.