Stearn-inspired Amazons defeat Rosslyn Park
NATIONAL SE1: Woodbridge Amazons 41 Rosslyn Park 10
WOODBRIDGE attacked from the start and Stearn gave her side the lead against a panicked defence.
Great driving by Kinlan from the restart got the Amazons back into Rosslyn Park’s 22 and Stearn carved through and scored again.
Fletcher received the next kick-off cleanly and the ball was spun through the backs where Rickard sped to touch down under the posts for the third try.
Rosslyn Park rallied and their big loose-head prop, Fombo and her forwards fought Woodbridge back to their line and left wing Williams opened their account with a try.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually the Amazons got central possession and Stearn broke against the run of play to score her hat-trick.
The Amazons continued the pressure after the break, Stearn storming against stretched defence to get Tricker over immediately who also converted.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 9 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
Rosslyn’s superior driving got them up to the five metre line where persistent efforts from Austin in particular got Delves over to score.
Rickard charged down to score the bonus-point try and Tricker made a tricky conversion kick. Just before the whistle Johnson broke on the right for the Amazons and scored to seal a victory and consolidate their promotion last year.