Stowmarket comeback to win in Norfolk
- Credit: James Ager
London 3 Eastern Counties Wymondham 17 Stowmarket 28 Stowmarket got off to a flying start and from the first few minutes hardly left the home side 22, and it was no surprise when full back Dan Garrard crossed the line and then converted his own try.
Wymondham then moved the ball down field, and were able to benefit from a dropped ball by the Stowmarket backs to score a converted try.
Stow rallied back to the Wymondham 22 as man of the match Jack Haward broke to within 5 metres, to allow the ball to be quickly moved to winger Scott Woolnough to cross, and Garrard to once again convert. But Wymondham again came back to score an unconverted try and take the game to half-time.
The second half saw Wymondham dominate possession, and they crossed early to take the lead.
From a rare bit of good play the visitors got good enough ball to allow second row Graham Whatmore to crash over in the corner, again converted by Garrard.
You may also want to watch:
With time running out Stowmarket mounted a final attack, and Woolnough once again went over, with Garrard converting.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 8 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties