Stowmarket Rugby Club salute die-hard fan Joe Orchard
- Credit: Archant
Stowmarket held their annual memorial pre-match lunch on Saturday, prior to the home win against Lowestoft & Yarmouth, with a special presentation of a shirt made to a die hard fan.
The clubhouse was full for the event and after the lunch diners joined the large crowd to see the home team gain a victory over Lowestoft and Yarmouth.
At the end of the match the shirt was presented to Joe Orchard to recognise his unwavering support.
He attends nearly all the home games and as many away as he can get to no matter what the conditions.
Joe has done for numerous seasons and all the players can always hear him shouting encouragement from the side line.
This season the club have new match shirt sponsors H C Wilson Transport.
In addition to Wilsons they are also sponsored by Truck East and are supporting The Avenues Group charity which is responsible for pioneering social care that supports people facing disadvantage through disability and illness so they can live full lives in their local community.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 4 'If we're clever there's lots to learn' - McKenna on Town's Bolton lessons
- 5 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 6 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 7 Woman jailed for harassing behaviour in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 9 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 10 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time