Stowmarket Rugby Club salute die-hard fan Joe Orchard
- Credit: Archant
Stowmarket held their annual memorial pre-match lunch on Saturday, prior to the home win against Lowestoft & Yarmouth, with a special presentation of a shirt made to a die hard fan.
The clubhouse was full for the event and after the lunch diners joined the large crowd to see the home team gain a victory over Lowestoft and Yarmouth.
At the end of the match the shirt was presented to Joe Orchard to recognise his unwavering support.
He attends nearly all the home games and as many away as he can get to no matter what the conditions.
Joe has done for numerous seasons and all the players can always hear him shouting encouragement from the side line.
You may also want to watch:
This season the club have new match shirt sponsors H C Wilson Transport.
In addition to Wilsons they are also sponsored by Truck East and are supporting The Avenues Group charity which is responsible for pioneering social care that supports people facing disadvantage through disability and illness so they can live full lives in their local community.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints