Stowmarket seeking Jay’s successor
STOWMARKET Town are searching for a new manager following the resignation of Steve Jay.
Jay, who was previously manager at fellow Ridgeons League Division One side Hadleigh United, resigned his position on Friday with immediate effect.
John Griffin has taken over in a caretaker capacity and was in charge for Saturday’s home league fixture against Brightlingsea which saw Stowmarket win 4-0 to record their first league victory of the season.
The Greens Meadow club have made a disastrous start to the season and remain bottom of Division One of the Ridgeons League after losing their first seven matches in a row before Saturday.
A club spokesman issued a statement saying they would like to thank Jay for his efforts and hard work during his time in charge.
You may also want to watch:
They will seek applications in confidence for a permanent replacement.
Interested parties should apply in writing to Neil Sharp, Stowmarket Town FC, Green’s Meadow, Bury Road, Stowmarket IP14 1JQ or by e-mail to email@example.com
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 3 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 4 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 5 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside
- 7 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 8 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 9 Ipswich Town players' FIFA 22 ratings revealed
- 10 Suffolk man guilty of raping schoolgirl and facing jail sentence