Stowmarket sign duo
STOWMARKET Town are pleased to announce the signing of defender Nathan Birch and striker Wayne Proctor for the 2011-12 season.
STOWMARKET Town are pleased to announce the signing of Defender Nathan Birch and Striker Wayne Proctor for the 2011-12 season.
Both players made a tremendous start to life as Stowmarket players last year, helping them secure their highest place finish since relegation in 2005.
Nathan, Supporters Player of the Year and Wayne their 31-goal machine, have both already been approached by Premier Division sides but decided that the exciting progress, team spirit and the passion to push the club to the promotion places next year was all important in making their decision to stay.
As for Stowmarket Town and Manager Steve Jay, this shows great ambition for the coming season.
You may also want to watch:
John Griffin, General Manager “We are really pleased that both boys have decided to stay with us next season. They, along with the whole squad, had a great year and we achieved our objectives in 2011. Next season, we want to take that next step and these signings show our serious intent to put Stowmarket back on the map. Its now down to Steve and I to strengthen where needed but its important the players of last year remain in place as we were only a few performances away from joining Diss and Gorleston.”
Neil Sharp, Chairman “We have all worked hard off the pitch these last two seasons and the signing of these two exciting players shows that this hard work is paying off. We will now help the manager wherever we can in strengthen the squad and support the General managers approach for consistency in the players that were here this year. They all deserve great credit for a wonderful 2010-11 and fingers crossed for next season.”
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 5 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 6 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 7 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 8 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 9 Appleton not shocked by Town's slow start but expects Cook's men to 'click' soon
- 10 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds