Stowmarket Town go out of Knockout Cup to Great Yarmouth Town
Stowmarket Town missed the chance to set-up a derby with Debenham LC after losing 3-1 at home to Great Yarmouth Town in the quarter-finals of the First Division Knockout Cup on Tuesday.
The Bloaters took the lead after just three minutes when Gavin Flurrie headed into his own net.
Stow rallied back and equalised on 18 minutes after a scramble from a corner found Sam Licence to poke into the net.
Ady Ager restored Yarmouth’s lead eight minutes later, smashing the ball into the top corner when he was found at the far post.
The Old Gold and Blacks pushed for an equaliser, with club top goalscorer Wayne Proctor’s goal being disallowed for offside early in the second-half.
You may also want to watch:
And Town were left to rue what could have been as Callum Jones celebrated a long strike beating John Bradbrook into the roof of the net to make it 3-1 with 17 minutes to go.
Stow were looking for a third win in a row on Tuesday after the Old Gold and Blacks defeated Cornard United 3-2 at Blackhouse Lane last Saturday.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 5 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 8 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 9 AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Ipswich Town: Woeful Blues well-beaten at Plough Lane in 'season-defining' game
- 10 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
Carl Widdowson put the visitors ahead on 17 minutes when a free-kick fell to the defenders feet to tap home into an inviting net.
Cornard levelled before half-time through Jamie Chesney before Stow scored twice in the final 10 minutes to take the points.
Widdowson scored again, with Remell Davis bagging his first goal for the club with a minute to spare.
Dan Hunt’s headed goal in injury time came too late for the hosts who played against a man less after Sean Rea was sent off with the score at 2-1.
Town are back at home this weekend when they host local rivals Needham Market Reserves at Greens Meadow in Thurlow Nunn League First Division action on Saturday (3pm).