Suffolk are edged out by rivals
SUFFOLK fell just one try short of a share of the spoils in their rugby county match against Norfolk last night, losing 29-24.Suffolk dominated the opening 10 minutes, but Norfolk drew first blood when Paul Wilson powered over the line following a period of pressure.
SUFFOLK fell just one try short of a share of the spoils in their rugby county match against Norfolk last night, losing 29-24.
Suffolk dominated the opening 10 minutes, but Norfolk drew first blood when Paul Wilson powered over the line following a period of pressure. Stuart Murray converted. Five minutes later Suffolk got on the scoresheet when Louisson made a 40-yard dash for an unconverted try.
Two quick tries around the half-hour mark saw Norfolk stretch their lead. First Stuart Murray converted his own try before Alex Brugger extended the lead, Murray again converting to make it 21-5.
Suffolk gave themselves something to fight for after the break when Lawrence Taper took advantage of a missed pass to score and James Gee converted.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk made a dream start to the second period when captain Steve Haycock reduced the deficit with a try that Gee converted. However, Brugger grabbed his second try and then Pete Cartier added a drop goal for Norfolk.
Suffolk pulled the score within five points with just five minutes to go when Oli Paxman scored.
- 1 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 3 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 8 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 9 Go-ahead for 150 new homes in Suffolk village
- 10 Teenager who was diagnosed with cancer on birthday still chasing dream of becoming chef