Suffolk crash out of FA County Youth Cup
HOLDERS Suffolk crashed out of the FA County Youth Cup after a disappointing quarter-final performance at Woodbridge.Andy Gould's side took the lead in the first half, but the second half dismissal of Gray changed the game and a converted penalty was enough to put the visitors through.
FA County Youth Cup
Suffolk 1 Isle of Man 2
HOLDERS Suffolk crashed out of the FA County Youth Cup after a disappointing quarter-final performance at Woodbridge.
Andy Gould's side took the lead in the first half, but the second half dismissal of Gray changed the game and a converted penalty was enough to put the visitors through.
You may also want to watch:
A first half midfield battle saw only three attempts at goal, of which two were by the home team.
However, three minutes into the second half Suffolk - who have won this trophy twice and been losing finalists once in the previous four years - took the lead when a long throw from Hardwick was headed out to Stefan Marsh who drove into the net from the edge of the box.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 10 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
A shot from Suffolk's Gray struck the foot of the post and came back into the keeper's arms and three minutes later Isle of Man equalised. A corner from Thomas overshot the entire penalty area and came out to Kelly whose angled drive from 20 yards found the target.
With 15 minutes left, Suffolk were reduced to 10 players when Gray was sent-off and four minutes after that Isle of Man were awarded a penalty for a push in the back. McVey converted to put his team in front.
Suffolk threw everyone forward and even keeper Pope spent much of the last few minutes in his opponent's penalty area. In the last minute the keeper's header from a corner found Hunter, whose header was goal-bound until Quigley headed clear from under the bar.