Suffolk cup success for Woodbridge Town youngsters
- Credit: Andrew Partridge
There was a double Suffolk Cup success for Woodbridge Town’s youngsters recently.
The Woodpeckers had to come from behind to defeat Kirkley & Pakefield 4-2 to win the Suffolk FA Under-16 Youth Cup.
Max Willett volleyed Woodbridge in front, but Keenan Hutchings equalised. Joel Wilson then put The Royals ahead from the penalty spot, but Cameron Panich restored parity.
George Bowman and Willett rounded off the scoring.
Caeal Casey scored a hat-trick as Woodbridge lifted the Under-15 Boys’ Minor Cup with a 6-1 victory over Kirkley & Pakefield at Walsham-le-Willows.
You may also want to watch:
George Exworth put Woodbridge ahead, but Cameron Russell equalised. Luke Barnes restored the Woodpeckers’ lead, before Casey made it 3-1. Stephen Seabrook made it four before Casey grabbed a brace.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 4 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 5 Fallen tree partially blocks stretch of A12
- 6 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Latitude Festival could lead to around 400 Covid cases despite jabs and tests
- 10 Plans for new 'ambitious' housing development moves forward