Suffolk FA win an award hat-trick at Wembley
SUFFOLK FA’s Football Futures programme won three national awards at the inaugural FA Football Futures Programme Awards Ceremony at Wembley.
Sporting 87 FC, based in Bury St Edmunds, scooped two awards as Young Leader Rob Wiseman claimed the events category and Youth Club Chairman Darren Brown won the Outstanding Achievement – Supporting Adult award.
The Suffolk FA Student Management Team of Bradley Mingay, Emily Driver, Kelly Scrutton and James Shiplee won the third title, receiving the Student Management Team and the Youth Council award.
The Suffolk winners were also rewarded with a special tour of the famous North London stadium.
The Football Futures programme aims to recruit, retain, develop, reward, and provide a progressive pathway for Young Leaders in order to develop a skilled football workforce.
You may also want to watch:
And Brown believes the Suffolk FA Football Futures scheme is a major component of their Young Leader programme.
He said: “It provides high quality formal courses and a wealth of fantastic opportunities for wider experience.
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 3 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 A14 to close following four vehicle crash
- 6 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 8 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 9 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 10 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
“Not only have our youngsters benefited from the management and coordination of the Suffolk FA Football Futures team, but our whole club has too.
“I would recommend that clubs with keen and enthusiastic young volunteers get themselves plugged into this excellent scheme.”
Sue Wells, Suffolk FA social inclusion officer, added: “I am delighted that the Suffolk FA Football Futures programme has received national recognition.
“This is a fantastic achievement which recognises the hard work and dedication shown by everyone involved in the programme.
“I hope it encourages more Young Leaders involved in the programme to continue in their footsteps.”