Suffolk golfer to swing for Open glory
SUFFOLK golfer Jamie Abbott will partner Zane Scotland and Tom Pernice Jnr in the first two rounds of the Open Championship at St Andrews.
The Fynn Valley golfer will tee off in his first round at 10.37am when the tournament gets under way on Thursday.
He will go out at 3.48pm on Friday.
Manchester-born Scotland celebrates his 28th birthday on Saturday while 50-yearold
Tom Pernice Jnr, who is from the USA, has four professional wins to his name.
Justin Rose, winner of two of his last three tournaments in America, will partner world number one Tiger Woods.
Rose, now back up to 16th in the world rankings, has been drawn with Woods and Colombian Camilo Villegas.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
They tee-off at 9.09am on Thursday and 2.20pm on Friday.
- You can follow Abbott’s progress live on this website.