Suffolk golfer to swing for Open glory
SUFFOLK golfer Jamie Abbott will partner Zane Scotland and Tom Pernice Jnr in the first two rounds of the Open Championship at St Andrews.
The Fynn Valley golfer will tee off in his first round at 10.37am when the tournament gets under way on Thursday.
He will go out at 3.48pm on Friday.
Manchester-born Scotland celebrates his 28th birthday on Saturday while 50-yearold
Tom Pernice Jnr, who is from the USA, has four professional wins to his name.
You may also want to watch:
Justin Rose, winner of two of his last three tournaments in America, will partner world number one Tiger Woods.
Rose, now back up to 16th in the world rankings, has been drawn with Woods and Colombian Camilo Villegas.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
They tee-off at 9.09am on Thursday and 2.20pm on Friday.
- You can follow Abbott’s progress live on this website.