SUFFOLK MERIT 1: Bury Wolves 27 Ipswich YM Hawks 6
Ipswich YM Hawks travelled to league leaders Bury for what would be their toughest challenge to date.
The first half saw a fantastic performance by the Hawks who matched Bury for aggression and sheer determination.
At times passion reached boiling point resulting in a yellow card for both sides on the 10 minute mark.
Bury scored a well-worked try and a penalty saw them go 10-0 up with 10 minutes to go to half time.
Two missed penalties from YM were disappointing to see but a drop-goal from 35 metres and a penalty saw the half time score at 10-6 in favour of Bury.
You may also want to watch:
In the second half, the Hawks showed the same level of aggression but missed tackles led to Bury scoring again under the posts.
YM were impressive in the lineout but their scrum left much to be desired and this was punished by the Bury 8 and 9, sucking in the YM defence and allowing space for the Bury backline to make good ground.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 'It's time to embrace a new challenge' - New Ipswich chief announces Bristol City exit
A penalty and another Bury score saw the total reach 27-6.