Suffolk name squad for first friendly
SUFFOLK will take a look at two players from outside the county when they face Essex 2nd XI in their traditional curtain-raiser friendly at Billericay CC tomorrow.
Mark Lawson, a 27-year-old leg spinner who has had spells with Yorkshire, Middlesex, Derbyshire and Kent, plays alongside Archie Ogden, an 18-year-old left-arm seamer from Rotherham CC.
They are among 13 players – eleven will bat and eleven will field – named for the 50 overs-a-side match, starting at 11am.
The Suffolk side also includes promising youngsters Matt Hunn (Bury St Edmunds), Adam Mansfield, James Poulson (both Sudbury) and Ben Shepperson (Woolpit).
All four have already played for Suffolk at Minor Counties Championship level in the past couple of seasons.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk will face Hertfordshire at the Victory Ground, Bury St Edmunds on Sunday, April 28, before playing their opening Minor Counties KO Trophy fixture of the season a week later, against Shropshire at Ipswich School.
Suffolk squad: J Bishop (capt), T Huggins, S Guy, C Swallow, M Cull, S Rees, A Mansfield (wkt), T Rash, J Poulson, M Hunn, B Shepperson, M Lawson and A Ogden.
- 1 Matchday Live: Town beaten 3-0 after Harrop's red card
- 2 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 4 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 5 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 6 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 7 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 9 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop